Weight Watchers® Bread Contest (“Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT REQUIRED. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to the Sponsors and not Facebook. You are required to have your own Facebook account, a valid email address, and internet access to enter for a chance to win. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can register for an account for free by downloading the Facebook app or visiting www.facebook.com.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of Canada Bread Company Limited (“Canada Bread”) and Weight Watchers® Canada Limited (“Weight Watchers”) ( collectively, the “Sponsors”) which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the prize, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have a Facebook account and have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsors and members of the immediate families and households of such employees, and Canada Bread’s and Weight Watchers’ respective affiliated and associated and related companies, agents, subsidiaries, suppliers, printers, and distributors, franchisees, and all of their respective affiliates, directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not be eligible to participate.
2. Sponsors: Canada Bread Company Limited and Weight Watchers® Canada Limited.
3. Contest Period: Entrants may make submissions via Facebook by following the entry method outlined below in Rule 4 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) on August, 20, 2018 to 11:59 p.m. EST on August, 27, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
4. How to Enter: To obtain one (1) entry into the Contest, entrants must during the Contest Period:
Visit Weight Watchers’ Canada Facebook page;
Like the Contest post and write a comment describing your favourite way to use Weight Watchers bread
Limit: one (1) entry per person/authorized Facebook account holder is permitted.
A person may only use one (1) Facebook account to enter the Contest. Persons seeking to exceed these limits may be disqualified at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Automated and/or repetitive electronic posts or comments (including via script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) will result in disqualification. Entries will be screened for compliance with Contest requirements and criteria as stated herein; incomplete or non-complying entries will be disqualified.
5. Prizes: There are ten (10) prizes available to be won:
Five (5) grand prizes, each consisting of: one (1) Weight Watchers ® branded water bottle, one (1) reusable bag, three (3) packages of Weight Watchers Bread Products and one (1) $100 pre-paid gift card. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each grand prize: $132.
Five (5) other prizes, each consisting of: one (1) $100 pre-paid gift card.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any other costs or expenses associated with a prize not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winners.
6. Winner Selection: A random draw will be held on August, 28, 2018 (the “Draw Date”) from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period in order to select ten (10) potential winners. Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Within five (5) business days of the Draw Date, the Sponsors will attempt to notify the selected entrant via Facebook with instructions explaining how to claim his/her prize. The potential winner must respond within twenty-four (24) hours, and if the selected winner does not respond, an alternate winner will be chosen from the remaining valid entries. Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, potential winners must (i) respond within twenty-four (24) hours of attempted notification to verify eligibility; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, the required time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time; (iii) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and a Release of Liability releasing Sponsors and the Promotion Entities from any liability in connection with this Contest or the use, misuse, awarding or possession of any prize (“Release”) within the time period indicated on the Release; (iv) provide the Sponsors or their designated agent with his/her first and last name, complete mailing address including postal code, email address, age and telephone number.
Inability to reach selected entrant or failure of selected entrant to respond to notification, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), Release, or other required documentation in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited prize in accordance with these Official Rules, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
The Prize will be shipped and/or fulfilled to the address provided by the prize winner during prize claim within approximately forty-five (45) days following winner verification. Winner is not responsible for shipment of prizing, shipping fees, or insurance.
7. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, entry into the Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes consent that each winner’s name, likeness, voice, address (city and province), statement(s) about Sponsors and/or the Contest, and/or biographical data may be used in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes related to the Contest including advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent.
8. General: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified on Facebook via the account used during entry by the Sponsors for the purposes of the administration of this Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsors or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with or who it believes tampered with the entry process in its sole discretion. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend the Contest. In addition, in the event the Sponsors are prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including, but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, provincial or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or by other cause not reasonably within the Sponsors’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsors shall have the right, in their discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without further obligation. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If Sponsors, in their sole discretion, elect to abbreviate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, Sponsors reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a Facebook account, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties: Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or warranties, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE SPONSORS ,THE RELEASED PARTIES AND FACEBOOK WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE CONTEST, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZES. FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSORS, THE RELEASED PARTIES AND FACEBOOK HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Sponsors and the Released Parties, and any of Sponsors’ other suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) late, lost, misdirected, garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest judges or Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest; (h) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind including any error that may result in an erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (i) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
10. Use of Data. By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by Sponsors and their authorized agents and/or representatives for the purposes of administering the Contest and fulfilling the prizes. At the time an entrant entered the Contest, he/she may have also been asked if he/she wishes to consent to Sponsors’ use of their personal information to receive future e-mails from Sponsors. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications. Sponsors will be collecting personal data about entrants online, in accordance with their privacy policies. Please review Sponsors’ privacy policies at: www.canadabread.com and https://www.weightwatchers.com/ca/en/politique-de-confidentialite. By participating in the Contest, entrants hereby agree to Sponsors’ collection and usage of their personal information for Contest purposes and acknowledge that they have read and accepted Sponsors privacy policies.