|Prep Time: 0:10||Cook Time: 0:20||Serves: 4|
We've made a light and tasty pesto that incorporates winter flavours for the perfect comfort food.
- 3 cups broccoli rabe
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 oz parmesan cheese
- 4 cups cooked orecchiette, or any other type of pasta
- 1 shallot, medium, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place broccoli rabe on parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes
- In a food processor, pulse 3 cloves of garlic, broccoli rabe, and 3 tsp of olive oil, lastly add freshly grated parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a large pan and saute 1 clove of garlic, shallot, and chili. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook a few minutes longer. Add pesto and turn the heat down. Add pasta water as necessary to loosen the sauce.
- Once pasta is done cooking, add it to your large pan in batches with a slotted spoon. Add pasta water as necessary to create an even coating of sauce.