Tuscan Pork Loin Sandwich
Published May 30, 2016
SmartPoints: 8 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 6 min | Serves: 1 | Difficulty: Easy
Treat yourself to an elegant Mediterranean lunch-for-one with our Tuscan-inspired sandwich.
- 1 1⁄2 tsp olive oil
- 3⁄4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 3⁄4 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 oz uncooked lean only pork loin, boneless
- 1⁄8 medium uncooked eggplant(s), sliced (2 thin, unpeeled slices)
- 1 small whole wheat pita(s)
- 1 oz roasted red peppers (packed in water) (water-packed), or 1 piece
- 2 medium olive(s), black, chopped
- 2 piece(s) lettuce, romaine
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Mix oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and rosemary in a small bowl until well combined; set aside.
- Broil or grill pork for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Meanwhile, broil or grill eggplant for 2 minutes per side and broil or grill pita for 1 minute per side.
- Spread both sides of pork and eggplant with mustard sauce and layer in pita; top with olives, pepper and lettuce.