|Prep Time: 0:10||Cook Time: 0:25||Serves: 6|
Turkey Meatball Sandwich
A meatball sandwich is always a winner. Our lightened up version uses 99% fat-free ground turkey, now a zero Points food!
- 16 oz 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), roughly chopped
- 2 tsp table salt
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 cup(s) canned tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup(s) basil, leaves
- 6 each Weight Watchers (Canada) Multigrain Sandwich Thins, toasted
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 12 oz shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, red chili flakes, oregano, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and one clove of garlic. Combine well and with your hands and form into 18 1 oz meatballs, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare the tomato sauce. In a medium stock pot, heat 1 tsp of olive oil. Sauté 1 clove of garlic,, with 1 tsp red chili flakes and chopped onion for 2-3 minutes on low. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the tomato passata, salt, pepper and torn basil leaves and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes has elapsed remove meatballs from the oven, add them to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Toast the sandwich thins in the oven or a toaster. For each sandwich, use 3 meatballs and top with 2 oz of mozzarella cheese and arugula.
Serving Size: 1 sandwich