|Prep Time: 0:30||Cook Time: 0:25||
- 3 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 7 whole chocolate graham cracker(s)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light butter
- 15 gm egg white(s), beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat milk
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 cup(s) fat-free half-and-half
- 1 oz grated unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) aerosol whipped cream
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- To make crust, place crackers in food processor; process until finely ground. Add butter; pulse a few times to combine. Add egg white; pulse a few times until evenly moistened. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake 12 minutes; transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- To make filling, in a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt; whisk in milk and egg until blended.
- In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium heat until small bubbles appear around edge of pan, about 8 minutes. Gradually whisk half of hot half-and-half into cocoa mixture until blended. Whisk hot cocoa mixture into remaining half-and-half in pan. Cook, stirring frequently with heatproof spatula, until mixture comes to boil, about 4 minutes; boil 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla extract until chocolate melts; pour into cooled crust. Place plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove pie from refrigerator; uncover, garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with pomegranate arils. Slice into 12 pieces and serve.
Serving size: 1 piece