Spicy Manchego and Serrano Panini
SmartPoints: 7 | Prep Time: 7 min | Cook Time: 6 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
Not your ordinary lunchtime! A spicy spread adds amazing flavour to these easy Spanish-influenced sandwiches.
- 1⁄4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked
- 4 item(s) thin sandwich bread, whole-wheat, split open
- 1 gm Monte Nevado Serrano Ham
- 10 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese, manchego
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pinch table salt, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayo and paprika; spread 15 ml (1 Tbsp) mayo mixture on each bread bottom. Layer each sandwich with 28 g (1 oz) ham and 37 ml (2½ Tbsp) cheese; cover with bread tops.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat both sides of sandwiches lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle tops with salt. Cook sandwiches, 2 to 3 minutes per side, until cheese is melted. Slice each in half; serve warm. Yields 2 panini halves per serving. (For open-face sammies, as shown, divide ingredients evenly between bread halves; broil until cheese melts.)