|Prep Time: 4:00||Cook Time: 0:10||Serves: 16|
Spiced Cider Gummies
Who knew that gummy candies were so easy to make! In just a few simple steps you can make your very own candies at home. Here we have captured the essence of autumn with the flavours of apple cider, cinnamon, anise, and clove.
To keep things simple and mess-free we simply cut the gummies into even squares, but feel free to get creative and use mini cookie cutters to make seasonal shapes!*
These candies are best enjoyed at room temperature, but are also great straight out of the freezer, for a sweet frozen treat!
*SmartPoints value based off of 1” by 1” squares. Larger sizes may affect SmartPoints values.
- 1cup apple cider, unsweetened
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 oz powdered unsweetened gelatin
- Set a small saucepan over medium heat and add the apple cider, cinnamon, cloves, and star anise. Let the mixture simer and infuse for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl and add in the honey and apple sauce and stir well to combine. Next whisk in the gelatin, ensuring it is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch-by-8 inch baking dish. Glass works best. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of four hours. Once set, cut into 1” by 1” squares. Jellies are best enjoyed at room temperature, or can be frozen.
Yields 64 candies Serving size: 4 candies.