|Prep Time: 0:45||Cook Time: 0:20||Serves: 5|
Double the recipe for these nutrient and flavor-packed burgers and freeze extras for another time. You don’t need to thaw them – just bake 3-4 minutes longer.
- 1 cup(s) uncooked green peas
- 1⁄2 cup(s) edamame (shelled)
- 8 oz fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed, roughly chopped
- 6 medium uncooked scallion(s), trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup(s) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1⁄2 cup(s) cooked medium grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup(s) cooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1⁄3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp low-fat buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp mustard, whole-grain
- 1 Tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), very thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh radish(es), very thinly sliced
- 2 medium cucumber(s), Persian variety, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add peas and edamame (or fava); cook until tender but still bright green, 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking; set aside.
- Pulse mushrooms, scallions, parsley and garlic together in a food processor until slightly chunky. Add peas and edamame (or fava); pulse until well-combined. Add rice, quinoa, and 1/4 c panko; pulse until mixture forms a thick paste. Add egg white, salt and pepper; pulse again until just combined.
- Form burger mixture into six equal patties
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c panko on both sides of patties; cook patties until golden brown, flipping once, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer patties to a baking sheet; bake until firm, 7-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, mixed herbs, vinegar and Sriracha in a medium bowl.
- Serve each burger over some spring greens and topped with some carrots, radishes and cucumber; drizzle with Sriracha dressing.
Serving size: 1 burger, 1 c salad and 1 Tbsp dressing