Pumpkin and Sage Soup
Published October 3, 2018
|Prep time: 0:10||Cook time: 0:25||Serves: 8|
Pumpkin Sage Soup
- 1 Tbsp regular butter
- 2 small, peeled and chopped uncooked carrot(s)
- 1⁄2 medium, chopped uncooked leek(s)
- 1 rib(s), small, chopped uncooked celery
- 1 large, chopped uncooked onion(s)
- 2 clove(s), medium, chopped garlic clove(s)
- 2 Tbsp, fresh, minced ginger root
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp, chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 8 cup(s) fat free vegetable broth
- 26 oz, unsweetened, canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp, toasted (for garnish) green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tsp, chopped chives
- 2 tsp light cream
- Set a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the butter, carrots, leek, celery, and onion. Sautee until softened; about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, nutmeg, sage, and turmeric and sauté 3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, and pumpkin puree. Let come to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Serve garnished with pumpkin seeds, chives, and a thin drizzle of cream.
Serving Size: 2 cups