Individual Ham, Cheese and Veggie Frittatas
Published May 30, 2016
SmartPoints: 3 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: -- | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
Whip up a batch of these mini frittatas on a Sunday night and you’ve got breakfast ready to go for the work week.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large egg(s), beaten
- 1 Tbsp fat free skim milk
- 1⁄8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 oz cooked lean ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
- 1⁄8strip(s) green pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray. Spread potatoes around bottom and press potato up sides of each muffin hole; place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add ham, peppers, onion and cheese to bowl; mix to combine.
- Remove potatoes from oven (after cooking for 10 minutes) and press potatoes down firmly with a spoon so that they are spread out like mini piecrusts (potatoes should cover bottom and sides of each hole). Pour about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the centre of each muffin hole.
- Return pan to oven and cook until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 frittata per serving.