SmartPoints: 2 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 16 min | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
If you love mojitos then you’ll love the cocktail-inspired sauce for this well-seasoned steak recipe.
- 4 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 serving(s) Steak, seasoning
- 1 Tbsp lime zest, divided
- 2 tsp table salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 oz uncooked lean flank steak, washed, patted dry
- 1 large jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, deveined*
- 1⁄2 small uncooked red onion(s)
- 1 cup(s) mint leaves, or 125 ml (½ cup) each fresh mint and cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Rub garlic, steak seasoning, 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lime zest and 5 ml (1 tsp) salt all over steak; set aside for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, place jalapeño, onion, mint, lime juice, water, oil, honey, remaining 5 ml (1 tsp) salt and remaining 5 ml (1 tsp) lime zest in a food processor or blender; process to desired consistency and set aside (you can also chop this by hand for a chunky salsa-like consistency).
- Preheat grill to high. Add steak and cook for 8 minutes per side for medium, or longer to desired degree of doneness. Remove steak to a serving plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil; let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against grain. Serve steak with sauce. Yields about 100 g (3½ oz) steak and 35 ml (2½ Tbsp) sauce per serving.