SmartPoints : 7 | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
Lean pork tenderloin is simply seasoned, grilled and then tossed with a flavourful mixture of greens, crisp vegetables, avocado and a creamy lime dressing.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin (450 g) use one whole loin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin (2 ml)
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper (0.5 ml)
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt (2 ml) divided
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (30 ml)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise (30 ml)
- 4 tsp olive oil (20 ml)
- 1⁄2 tsp store-bought adobo sauce (2 ml) *
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (30 ml) chopped
- 6 cup(s) romaine lettuce (1.5 L)
- 1 1⁄2 cup(s) grape tomatoes (375 ml) halved
- 1 large yellow pepper(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked jicama (250 ml) chopped
- 1 item(s) avocado, Hass, cut into chunks
- 1 item(s) canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- Sprinkle pork with cumin, 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt and pepper; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium-high (or heat grill pan over medium-high heat).
- Grill pork, turning occasionally, until a meat thermometer inserted in center reads at least 63°C (145°F), about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pork to cutting board and let rest for a minimum of 3 minutes, but up to 10 minutes, before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, mayonnaise, oil, adobo sauce and remaining 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt in a small bowl; stir in cilantro.
- Combine romaine, tomatoes, yellow pepper, jicama, avocado and chipotle pepper in a large deep platter; drizzle with about half the dressing and toss to mix and coat. Arrange sliced pork on top of salad; drizzle with remaining dressing. Yields about 85 g (3 oz) pork, 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) salad and 22 ml (1 1/2 Tbsp) dressing per serving.
*You don’t need to buy a separate can of adobo sauce. The can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce will contain enough sauce for the salad dressing recipe.