Celebrate Your Success Beyond the Scale!
Watching those numbers go down when you step onto the scales can give you a huge sense of accomplishment – but weight loss isn’t just about where the needle lands from week to week. Remember to celebrate your non-scale victories, too, as this will boost your motivation and self-esteem. So, feel free to have a little celebration whenever the following things happen (or make an achievement list that’s personal to you):
- you stay on track for a whole week
- your waistband feels looser
- you’ve tried a new Weight Watchers recipe
- you drop a dress size
- your body measurements have changed
- you’ve tried a new activity or sport
- you wake up with more energy
- you can get back into your favourite jeans
- you notice your fitness has improved
- you feel more confident about meeting new people
- you’ve faced a fear, like speaking in public
- you can accept a compliment about your weight loss
Looking for ideas to celebrate your success? Treat yourself to lunch somewhere special, where you can make informed choices to stay on track, take a day trip with a friend, or go somewhere new, such as a museum or art gallery. The more you enjoy your non-scale success, the more you’ll want to continue your weight-loss journey.