- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup part skim shredded cheddar, old variety
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
Preheat oven to 350F.
Ina a large bowl, combine quinoa, broccoli, and both cheeses; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, mustard powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour egg mixture over quinoa mixture and stir until very well blended.
Lightly oil (or spray with cooking spray) 24-cup mini muffin tin or two 12-cup mini muffin tins. Spoon broccoli-quinoa mix evenly into cups. Using the back of a spoon, press down mixture so it’s packed into cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until bites have firmed up and are golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm.
Yield: 24 bites
Serving size: 1 bite