SmartPoints: 1 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
This soup recipe, courtesy of Great Cooking Every Day by Weight Watchers and The Culinary Institute of America, may be served cold or hot.
- 2 1⁄2 cup(s) vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1⁄4 head(s) uncooked savoy cabbage, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup(s) uncooked beets, about 1 large beet, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium uncooked fennel bulb(s), trimmed and chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1⁄4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp table salt
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 4 Tbsp plain fat free yogurt
- Combine the broth, cabbage, beet, fennel, garlic and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered until the beet is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree, working in batches if necessary to avoid overflows. Pour the soup into large bowl.
- Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. If necessary, thin the soup with enough cold water to reach a pourable consistency.
- Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, 3-4 hours or overnight. Serve, topped with the yogurt.