Happiness is the most important thing. But sometimes we can find happiness in small daily pleasures. If you pay close attention to them, you will see life in a better light. Tell yourself that each passing day can bring its share of small (and maybe even huge) pleasures.
While following the program, you learned to write down everything you eat and drink, so why not invest in a pretty notebook and take five minutes a day to list everything that made you happy during the day? When you re-read your entries, you’ll realize that even the darkest days had their bright moments.
Here are some ideas of things that could make you happy:
- The smell of freshly cut grass.
- Having a drink with friends on an outdoor patio.
- A new garment that fits you perfectly.
- A smile from a stranger on your way to work.
- Enjoying a good book on a rainy day tucked under your comforter.
- Your little one’s first steps.
- Putting on a freshly washed and sweet-smelling piece of clothing.
- Getting the hang of something you could never master before.
- Watching a good movie.
- Reading a travel guide and planning your next vacation.
- A successful first date.
- Having a huge laugh with your workmates.
- A win by your favourite team.
- Looking around you and seeing the beauty of things.
- A sunset.
- The subtle fragrance of flowers in your living room.
- Listening to your favourite album or playlist.
- Cooking a nice meal.
- Coming out of the hairdresser with a fabulous new haircut.
Of course, you can add to that list. Just make up your own and enjoy all these moments to the fullest.