Apricot Citrus Stuffed Ham
|Prep Time: 0:20||Cook Time: 0:40||
- 1 pound(s) extra-lean ham (5% fat), roast
- 18 dried apricot halves
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, or zest of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 Tbsp orange zest, or zest of 1 orange, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 4 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 fl oz brandy, or bourbon (about 2 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a paring knife to cut a hole through the centre of the ham. Press 6 apricots and half of each zest into opening. Make crisscross cuts in top of ham, about 1/8-inch deep. Set ham in a baking pan and sprinkle remaining apricots around it.
- To make glaze: Stir together honey, juices, brandy and remaining zests. Brush ham with glaze, then pour glaze around ham.
- Bake 40 minutes, basting top every 10 minutes. Slice, serve hot and drizzle with extra glaze. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces ham, 3 apricots and 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce per serving.