5 Easy Ways to Be Good to Yourself
Sometimes we have a tendency to forget ourselves. In an effort to help our family and friends and make sure they are happy we can often place our own needs on the backburner. This can lead to feeling stressed and overwhelmed, which can then lead to skipping your workouts or eating less healthy foods. Therefore, it's important to take time for yourself and apply that same sense of caring that you give to your loved ones to yourself.
Here are five easy tricks that will help you focus on making yourself feel better even if it's only for 5-10 minutes.
- Tuck a paperback or tablet in your bag and escape for 5 minutes each day (bonus if you do more than one escape!).
- Make a personal playlist (try Spotify) of your favourite songs, find a spot free of distractions and really enjoy the music. Don't be afraid to sing along!
- Write a letter to an old friend (email counts).
- Give yourself a head and neck massage; check out YouTube for easy how-tos.
- Jot down your thoughts in a journal. (You can look back and see how far you’ve come!)