Beef & radish summer rolls with dipping sauce
Thai Taste Rice Vermicelli Noodle Nests
Blue Dragon Spring Roll Wrappers
Thai Taste Thai Basil Leaves (Horapha)
1 medium, trimmed and very finely sliced
Marks & Spencer Rare Roast Beef Slices
2 medium, shredded
1 leaf/leaves, small
¼ teaspoon(s), chopped, grated
¼ teaspoons, grated
2 teaspoons, light
Lime Juice, Fresh
Blue Dragon Light Sweet Chilli Sauce 35% Less Sugar
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil. Add 20g vermicelli rice noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain thoroughly.
- Lay a damp tea towel on a board and fill a heatproof bowl with hot water. Dunk 1 Blue Dragon spring roll wrapper in the water, turning until it is translucent and pliable – this will take 10-15 seconds. Lay the wrapper flat on the damp tea towel and blot gently.
- Arrange the fillings in layers horizontally towards the bottom edge of the wrapper. Start with 6-8 Thai basil leaves, 1 finely sliced large radish, 40g thinly sliced rare roast beef, a few drained beansprouts in water and 2 shredded spring onions, then finish with the cooked noodles and ½ round lettuce leaf.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper up and over the filling, then tightly fold the sides in over it. Continue to roll up, then cut in half. Repeat to make 2 rolls.
- To make the dipping sauce - in a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Serve with the summer rolls.