Sumac chicken skewers with pomegranate salad
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
500 g, cut into 3cm pieces
White basmati rice, dry
3 medium, chopped
½ medium, seeds only
¼ small, finely chopped
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
½ clove(s), crushed
- Thread the chicken onto 8 metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Brush over half the oil and sprinkle over the sumac.
- Heat a barbecue or preheat griddle pan. Cook the skewers, turning occasionally, over a medium heat for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the rice and turmeric in a small saucepan with 180ml water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Cook the green beans in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, then transfer to a medium bowl with the tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, cress, onion and remaining oil. Season and toss to combine. Mix the yogurt and garlic with 2 tablespoonfuls of water in a small bowl. Lightly season.
- Serve the skewers with the rice, salad and yogurt sauce.