Salmon with white bean mash & a creamy lemon sauce
4 fillet(s), medium
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Cannellini Beans, cooked
2 can(s), large, drained
Vegetable stock cube(s)
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
½ zest(s) of 1
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the salmon fillets onto the prepared tray, mist with cooking spray, then season and bake for 15-17 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the onions for 6-8 minutes over a medium-high heat until softened, then add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Tip in the beans and 200ml of vegetable stock, then bring to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat then blitz to a smooth purée using a stick blender. Stir in 100g of the créme fraîche, season to taste, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining crème fraîche into a small pan and warm over a low heat. Whisk in the remaining 100ml vegetable stock until well combined, then stir in the lemon juice and most of the chives.
- Steam the broccoli over a pan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Divide the mash between plates, top with the mash and spoon over the sauce. Serve garnished with the remaining chives.