Pork chops with cherry & orange salsa
White basmati rice, dry
Pork Loin Steak, Lean, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Freshly squeezed orange juice
1 zest(s) of 1
250 g, pitted and halved
- To make the salsa, combine the zest, juice, cherries and cinnamon in a bowl, then set aside to allow the flavours to combine.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rice and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, put the asparagus in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in a large bowl of iced water for 1 minute. Repeat with the mange tout, but leave in boiling water for 1 minute, then iced water for 1 minute. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Halve the veg lengthways.
- Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Mist the pork with cooking spray and season with black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium, or to your liking. Remove from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the asparagus, mange tout and radish in a large bowl and drizzle over the oil. Season to taste and toss to combine.
- Season the veg and rice with freshly ground black pepper, and serve with the chops and cherry and orange salsa.