Pear & blackberry tarts
SmartPoints® value per serving
All hail puff the magic pastry! Give rise to pretty, patisserie-style tarts with a tiny disc of pastry that puffs up around the shape of a pear
Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry Sheet
Low Calorie Jam
6 teaspoons, level, apricot
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4, and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Stamp out 6 x 10cm rounds of puff pastry. Using a sharp knife, score a 1cm border around each pastry disc. Put on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until risen and golden. Gently scoop out the middle section of pastry and discard.
- Meanwhile, heat the blackberries, sweetener and a splash of water in a small pan over a low heat. Cook for 15 minutes, until the blackberries have softened and reduced to a jam-like consistency. Set aside to cool then spoon into the centre of the tarts.
- Peel and halve the pears lengthways, then remove the cores. Using a sharp knife, slice the pear halves, leaving the stems intact, then gently press at the top to slightly fan out the segments. Place on top of the blackberry compote.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden and the pear is tender. In a small pan over a medium heat, warm the apricot jam with a splash of water. Brush over the pears then set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve with yogurt on the side.
Don’t have pears to hand? Apples work just as well – and you can sub in any berry for the compote too.