Fish lovers’ sweet & sour
Vegetable stock cube(s)
2 tablespoons, level
White Long Grain Rice, dry
Pineapple in juice, drained
Prawns, Peeled & Cooked
1 tablespoons, level
Vinegar, All Types
- Slice the carrot and onion in the food processor. Put them into the wok or large frying pan and add 400 ml (14 fl oz) boiling water from the kettle. Add the stock powder or crumble in the stock cube, stir in the tomato purée and bring to a brisk simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the rice into the saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water from the kettle. Cook for 12 minutes, until tender.
- When the carrot and onion have cooked for 5 minutes, add the mangetout or sugar snap peas. Cut the salmon into chunks and add to the vegetables. Chop the tomatoes roughly and add them too. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the pineapple juice into the small mixing bowl and tip the pineapple in with the salmon. Add the prawns and continue to cook over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour, vinegar and soy sauce into the pineapple juice; then tip the mixture into the wok or frying pan, stirring gently for about 1 minute, until smooth and thickened. Season to taste. Drain the rice, share between 4 warmed plates and serve with the sweet and sour seafood.