Duck, fennel & pomegranate salad
Duck Breast, Skinless, raw
260 g, trimmed of fat
White Pitta Bread
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 portion(s), medium, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 leaf/leaves, small, little gem, shredded
1 medium, seeds removed
20 individual, chopped
1 teaspoons, chopped
1 medium, zest and reserve the juice
1 medium, juice
2 tablespoons, extra virgin
White Wine Vinegar
1 clove(s), crushed
- To make the marinade, combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the duck, season, then marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Split the pitta open and put on a baking sheet. Mist with cooking spray and season with salt. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp. Let cool then break into small pieces.
- Mist a large, ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium-high heat. Fry the duck for 2 minutes until it starts to caramelise, then turn and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes for rare, 10-12 minutes for medium and 12-14 minutes for well-done. Cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Combine the fennel, watercress, lettuce, pomegranate seeds, pistachios and dill in a large bowl. To make the dressing, whisk together the orange juice, oil, vinegar and garlic, then season to taste. Toss with the salad.
- Divide the salad between plates, scatter over the pitta shards and serve topped with the sliced duck.