Beetroot couscous with roast squash & feta
Beetroot is one of those veggies that people either love or hate – there’s no in between! If you’re not sure about it, try this idea. You may be surprised...
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Light Feta Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Cut the butternut squash into bite-size chunks and put in a roasting dish. Drizzle with 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil, season and stir to coat. Roast for 35-40 mins or until tender and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the beetroot. Blitz in a food processor until it resembles couscous.
- Mist a frying pan with cooking spray and cook the beetroot for 4-5 mins, until just softened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooled beetroot, roasted squash and some chopped fresh mint and dill. Season to taste, then crumble over feta to serve.