Ultimate bacon cheeseburgers
30 g, porcini variety, sliced
Extra lean beef mince, raw
Streaky bacon rasher raw
140 g, (4 x 44g), fat trimmed, halved lengthways
170 g, brown variety, finely chopped
1 small, half coarsely grated, half finely chopped
Extra light cheddar cheese
2 tbs, grated, (30g), grated
1 large, thinly sliced
20 g, use 4 leaves
White bread roll
200 g, (4 x 50g), split, toasted
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place porcini in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Stand for 15 minutes or until softened. Drain. Rinse under cool running water to remove any grit. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Chop.
- Meanwhile, arrange 4 slices bacon in a single layer between papertowels on a plate. Microwave on high (100%) for 30 seconds or until partially cooked but still flexible. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining bacon.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Lightly spray a baking tray with oil. Place mince, porcini, Swiss brown mushroom and grated onion in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. With damp hands, shape mixture into 4 patties. Wrap 2 bacon strips crisscrossstyle around each patty, tucking ends of bacon underneath. Place patties on prepared tray.
- Cook patties, turning halfway through, for 12 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with cheddar and cook for 30 seconds or until cheese melts.
- To serve, spread base of rolls with mustard. Top with tomato, patties, chopped onion, lettuce leaves and roll tops.