Strawberry and blueberry streusel loaf
Reduced fat oil spread
⅓ cup(s), (55g)
Yoghurt, low-fat, strawberry pieces or flavoured
White self-raising flour
1 cup(s), (150g)
Bicarbonate of soda
½ cup(s), (110g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 9cm x 23cm (base measurement) loaf tin with oil and line the base and two long sides with baking paper, allowing paper to extend 5cm over the edges.
- Use your fingertips to rub the canola spread into the plain flour until the texture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the raw sugar and almond.
- Whisk the yoghurt, egg and milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Sift the self-raising flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in the caster sugar until combined. Make a well in the centre and stir in the yoghurt mixture until just combined. Fold through the blueberries. Spoon into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the almond crumble mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand the cake in the tin for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.