Smokey kangaroo fillet with vegetable parcels
400 g, cut into florets
Canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
1 400g can
2 medium, thinly sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
1 tbs, (white)
Trimmed kangaroo loin fillet
450 g, (buy 500g), fat trimmed
Extra light sour cream
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
1 tbs, chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine cauliflower, green and cannellini beans, carrot, thyme, garlic, oil and vinegar in a bowl.
- Cut four 30cm squares of foil and four 30cm squares of baking paper. Place 1 piece of baking paper on top of each piece of foil. Place cauliflower mixture in centre of each foil stack. Fold baking paper, then foil, to form a parcel.
- Preheat a barbecue over medium-high heat (see note). Cook vegetable parcels on flat plate, turning once, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine paprika and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle kangaroo with paprika mixture and lightly spray with oil. Cook kangaroo on grill, turning, for 8–10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover kangaroo with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Combine sour cream and 2 teaspoons chives in a bowl. Sprinkle kangaroo with remaining chives and serve with vegetable parcels and chive sour cream.