Slow roasted Greek lamb
Lean lamb leg roast
960 g, (buy 1.2kg), fat trimmed
4 clove(s), crushed
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
1 tsp, (smoked)
1 tsp, plus extra sprigs to garnish
Fresh lemon rind
1 tbs, finely grated
480 g, peeled, halved
- Place lamb in a large bowl. Combine half the oil, half the garlic and half the juice with the paprika, finely chopped oregano and rind in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC or 140ºC fan-forced. Place the lamb in a large baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 3 hours. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes on a baking tray. Combine the remaining oil, garlic and juice in a small bowl. Drizzle oil mixture over potatoes and toss to combine. Bake potatoes, uncovered, in oven with the lamb for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove lamb from oven and cover to keep warm. Increase oven to 220ºC or 200ºC fan-forced. Bake potatoes a further 15 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Slice lamb and serve with roasted potatoes and garnished with oregano sprigs.