Roast duck with port and fig sauce
2 cup(s), (500ml)
salt reduced chicken stock
1 cup(s), (250ml)
½ cup(s), (100g)
2 tbs, 2 sprigs
Duck, raw, trimmed
1280 g, Buy 8x200g breasts, fat trimmed
200 g, halved, stones removed
fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place port, stock, figs, rosemary and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Discard rosemary and cinnamon.
- Meanwhile, score duck by making three slashes through the skin (without cutting through flesh). Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add duck, skin-side down, and cook for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp and most of the fat has been rendered. Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to prepared tray.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Cover duck with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest before slicing.
- Using a stick blender, blend sauce until smooth. Serve duck with sauce and top with cherries and parsley.