Pumpkin and chia seed bites
Perfect for snack boxes, these bite-sized morsels are packed with natural sweetness, crunch and spice for a tasty energy boost.
Rolled oats, dry
1⅓ cup(s), (120g)
Cooked mashed pumpkin
½ cup(s), (130g)
85 g, pitted
Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Process 1⅓ cups (120g) rolled oats, ½ cup (130g)
- cooked mashed pumpkin, 85g pitted fresh dates,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon ground
- cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger,
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds and 2 teaspoons maple
- syrup in a food processor until ingredients are finely
- chopped and mixture starts to come together into a
- ball. Add 25g pepitas and pulse until combined but
- retaining some crunchy texture. Use clean, damp hands
- to roll mixture into 18 even-sized balls. Place on a
- baking paper-lined tray and refrigerate until firm.
TIP: Pack bites into a reusable container, with a sheet of baking paper between each layer, and store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature.