Lamb souvlaki with pickled lettuce
lean lamb tenderloin
320 g, (buy 400g) cut into 3cm pieces, fat trimmed
½ medium, thinly sliced
1 tsp, finely chopped
1 medium, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
1 individual, shredded, chopped
fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
1 medium, thinly sliced
½ tsp, flakes
2 tbs, white
black olives, drained
⅓ cup(s), (40g mixed olives)
reduced fat feta cheese
50 g, crumbled
4 individual, (4 x 40g)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine lamb, paprika, thyme and half the oregano in a large bowl. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, chilli, vinegar, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Thread lamb onto 4 metal or wooden skewers (see note). Cook lamb for 2 minutes each side or until browned and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, feta and remaining oregano in a large bowl.
- Top wraps with pickled lettuce and lamb skewers. Serve with Greek salad and yoghurt.