Chocolate filo and orange tart
Uncooked filo pastry
6 sheet(s), halved crossways
2 cup(s), (500ml)
50 g, 70% cocoa, chopped
¼ cup(s), (55g)
2 medium, zested, peeled, segmented, juice reserved
Fruche, Fromage Frais, Vanilla Bean
7 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 22cm (base measurement) round fluted tart tin, with removable base, with oil. Lightly spray1 filo sheet with oil. Place in the prepared tin, allowing it to overhang slightly. Repeat with remaining filo, overlapping each sheet slightly to line the pan completely. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the flour, cornflour and cocoa and beat to combine. Add the milk mixture and beat until smooth and combined. Add the egg yolk mixture to the cocoa mixture and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and cover the surface of the custard with plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour or until very cold.
- Meanwhile, remove pith from oranges. Holding 1 orange over a bowl to catch the juice, cut down either side of the membrane to release segments. Repeat with remaining orange. Place the juice in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Cook for2 minutes or until juice thickens slightly. Set aside to cool. Stir in the zest.
- Whisk the Frûche into the custard until combined. Spoon custard mixture into the pastry case. Top with the orange segments and serve drizzled with the orange glaze.