reduced fat oil spread
½ cup(s), (75g)
2 medium, lightly beaten
low fat chocolate mousse
248 g, (4 x 62g tubs)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine the canola spread and ½ cup (125ml) water in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until canola spread melts and the mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes away from the side of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a heatproof bowl. Using electric beaters, beat for 1 minute, to cool the mixture slightly. Add the egg, a little at a time, beating constantly, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Use a skewer to pierce a hole into the side of each profiterole. Turn oven off. Place profiteroles in oven for 20 minutes to dry out. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place half the strawberries in a food processor with half the icing sugar, and process until pureed. Press through a sieve to remove the seeds. Cut the remaining strawberries into quarters. Cut the profiteroles in half and top the bases with the chocolate mousse. Top with the quartered strawberries. Replace the pastry tops and lightly dust with remaining icing sugar. Serve with the strawberry sauce.