Chicken and balsamic onion involtini
8 medium, (desiree), thickly sliced
2 medium, thinly sliced
Skinless chicken breast
4 large, (4x300g fillets)
¾ cup(s), (180ml)
100 g, trimmed, shredded
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Steam, boil or microwave potato until just tender. Drain. Place potatoes on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 15–20 minutes or until caramelised. Stir in vinegar.
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally into 2 flat pieces. Using a meat mallet, flatten chicken until 1cm thick. Lay chicken on a flat surface and place onion mixture in the centre of each piece and top with spinach. Roll chicken to enclose filling. Tie with kitchen string at 2cm intervals or secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Place in a large flameproof baking dish. Pour over verjuice. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Bring pan juices to the boil over medium heat. Combine cornflour and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Add cornflour mixture to pan juices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce boils and slightly thickens. Cut chicken involtini into thirds and drizzle with sauce. Serve with roast potato slices.