Balsamic chicken with grilled fig and blue cheese salad
skinless chicken breast
810 g, (buy 6 x 150g) fat trimmed
2 clove(s), crushed
½ cup(s), (125ml)
6 slice(s), (6 x 40g slices)
6 medium, halved
1 medium, coarsely torn
120 g, baby leaves
blue vein cheese
50 g, crumbled
- Combine chicken, garlic, 2 teaspoons oil and half the vinegar in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Drain chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Cook chicken for 4–5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover chicken with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thickly.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush bread with a little remaining oil. Cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Lightly brush figs and asparagus with remaining oil. Cook figs, cut-side down, for 1 minute or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate. Cook asparagus, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to plate with figs.
- Place remaining vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 3–5 minutes or until glaze has reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine radicchio and rocket in a large bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle chicken and figs with balsamic glaze and serve with salad, asparagus and bread.