Anna's crispy mozzarella stuffed meatballs
1 hr 5 min
Chicken breast mince
½ medium, finely chopped
¼ cup(s), chopped, plus 12 small leaves to garnish
2 clove(s), grated
Dried chilli flakes
2 cup(s), (120g)
Grated parmesan cheese
12 baby, (milk cherry variety), halved
12 individual, halved
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine mince, onion, basil, garlic, oregano, chilli flakes and 1 cup (60g) of panko breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Shape rounded tablespoons into a flat circle in the palm of your hand. Place a cherry bocconcini half, cut side down, and shape the mixture upwards, then roll into a ball, encasing the cheese. Repeat making 24 balls.
- Place reserved 1 cup of breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl. Roll each ball into the breadcrumbs and place on the baking tray.
- Lightly spray meatballs with oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with half a cherry tomato and small basil leaf skewered with a toothpick.
COOK'S TIP: To brown the top of the meatballs, place under the grill for the last 5 minutes of baking. These can also be cooked in the air-fryer 200°C for 10-12 minutes.