Plain, nonfat Greek yogurt makes an excellent breakfast base—but don’t stop there! The ingredient, which is a ZeroPoint™ food on Blue and Purple, is the ultimate multi-tasker. You can use it to add creaminess and filling protein to salads, pastas, desserts, soups—the list goes on and on. Gives these ideas a try, and then post your own #Greekyogurt hacks to Connect.
10 new ways to use Greek yogurt
- Add chopped cucumbers, dill, and a pinch of salt to the yogurt for a quick tzatziki. Slice up some veggies and dip away!
- Instead of using milk or sweetened yogurts, toss plain Greek yogurt into your smoothie for a thicker texture.
- Try it as an alternative to heavy cream when making alfredo sauce for pasta.
- Mix Greek yogurt with chocolate syrup and—ta-da!—you have an easy fruit dip.
- Use as a rich substitute for sour cream. It’s perfect for baked potatoes, burritos, nachos, and so much more.
- Stir Greek yogurt into puréed vegetable soup to add toothsome thickness. (Tip: If you added too much spice to, say, a chili, this also helps cut down on some of the heat.)
- Use the yogurt in place of mayo in chicken, tuna, and egg salad recipes to cut down on SmartPoints values.
- For a simple but sweet dessert, stir in light jam, raspberries, raisins, cinnamon, and shredded coconut.
- Out of ranch? Add spices and a bit of milk to Greek yogurt for a quick, creamy salad dressing.
- Reach for Greek yogurt the next time you make pizza dough (seriously!). The dough in this turkey pepperoni pizza recipe uses just two ingredients: Greek yogurt and flour.