Yogurt-spiced chicken with rice
We've used a medium portion (60g) of rice per person to help you keep your portions in check. Serve with a green side salad.
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
White basmati rice, dry
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 medium, grated
1 medium, deseeded and chopped
Chilli, green or red
1 individual, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Mix the yogurt and curry powder together in a glass or plastic bowl and add the chopped coriander.
- Place the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film, then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat them out until slightly flattened. Add them to the yogurt mixture, stirring to coat. Cover, chill and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water with the stock powder or cube for about 12 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly. Add the carrot, red pepper, chilli, mint and coriander.
- Barbecue or grill the chicken breasts for about 6 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked (to check, pierce the thickest part with a sharp knife – the juices should run clear).
- Serve the chicken with the rice salad, with green salad on the side.