Winter fruit salad
0 - 4
PersonalPoints™ per serving
If you have a market near to where you live, this is the cheapest place to buy fresh, and often local, fruit and vegetables.
1 portion(s), medium, 1 stick
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 medium, red skinned, if possible
- Chop the rhubarb into 2.5 cm lengths and cook gently in 1 tbsp water for 5 minutes or until just soft. This can be done in a microwave. Transfer to a dish.
- Peel the orange as thinly as possible and, with a sharp knife, segment the flesh so that only the fruit and juice go into the bowl.
- Slice the banana and toss it in lemon juice before adding it to the bowl.
- Quarter the apple and pear and remove the cores. Cut into thin slices. Add to the bowl, with any juices, and the remaining lemon juice.
- Taste the juice and add a pinch of sugar, if necessary, before serving.