Winter fruit salad
SmartPoints® value per serving
If you have a market near to where you live, this is the cheapest place to buy fresh, and often local, fruit and vegetables.
1 portion(s), medium, 1 stick
1 medium, Juice from 1
1 medium, red skinned, if possible
- Cut the rhubarb into 2.5 cm (1-inch) lengths and cook gently in the water for 5 minutes or until just soft. This can be done in a microwave.
- Transfer to a dish.
- Peel the orange as thinly as possible and, with a sharp knife, segment the flesh so that only the fruit and juice go into the bowl.
- Slice the banana and toss it in lemon juice before adding it to the bowl.
- Quarter the apple and pear and remove the cores. Cut into thin slices.
- Add to the bowl, with any juices, and the remaining lemon juice.
- Taste the juice and add sweetener, if necessary.