Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 spray(s), low fat
2 can(s), large, 400g
2 large, coarsley chopped
1 tablespoons, level
1 pinch, season to taste
2 medium, medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
5 leaf/leaves, large, small bunch, roughly torn up
Lasagne sheet, dry
9 sheet(s), 150g, not pre-cooked
125 g, grated
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/400ºF/200ºC. Lightly coat a 1.2L rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together the canned chopped tomatoes with the tomato puree, fresh tomatoes, seasoning and sugar.
- Cut aubergine lengthwise into 1cm slices and coat a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Cook aubergine in batches, seasoning well until soft and well-browned; set aside.
- Cook leeks and garlic in the same pan with seasoning, stirring until leeks soften.
- Cover bottom of prepared pan with 3 lasagne sheets. Layer with 1/3 each aubergine, tomato mixture, leeks, basil and cheese. Repeat with 3 more sheets and top with another 1/3 of aubergine, tomato mixture, leeks and basil. Top with remaining lasagne sheets, aubergine, tomato and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.