Upside down pineapple oat cake
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Light Brown Sugar
Low Fat Spread
Pineapple in juice, drained
260 g, 435g can, drained
6 tablespoons, reserved from can
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
White Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist a 20cm round cake tin with cooking spray, then line the base with baking paper.
- Beat the brown sugar with 15g of the spread in a small bowl, then spread over the base of the cake tin. Arrange the pineapple on top then scatter over the oats.
- In another bowl, whisk together the rest of the spread with the apple sauce and eggs using an electric hand whisk. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Spoon the mixture over the pineapple and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the pineapple juice in a pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until syrupy.
- Let the cake stand for about 5 minutes before inverting onto a large serving plate. Pour over the syrup and serve warm.