Turkey shepherd's pie with sweet potato topping
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
2 stick(s), finely chopped
2 medium, finely diced
Turkey Breast Mince, raw
Plain White Flour
½ teaspoon(s), heaped
2 tablespoon(s), level
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 550ml
Sweet potato, raw
800 g, peeled & roughly chopped
Peas, frozen, boiled
- Mist a large saucepan with cooking spray and fry the onion over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pan, season, and cook for 5-6 minutes until just tender. Add the thyme, then the turkey mince, using the back of a wooden spoon to break it up; allow it to brown all over for 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir through, cooking for 1 minute before adding the tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then cook the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain, mash with the milk, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir the peas through the mince, then spoon into an ovenproof dish. Top with the mash and use a fork to add texture, then bake for 20-25 minutes until the topping has browned and the mince is bubbling. Divide between 4 plates to serve.