Turkey with couscous salad
Couscous is a versatile and easy side dish for lots of meals – this recipe uses fresh veg and orange to add plenty of zingy flavour.
1 zest(s) of 1
Freshly squeezed orange juice
2 teaspoon(s), chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
Turkey Steak, raw
400 g, 4 x 100g lean turkey breast steaks
Wholewheat Couscous, dry
1 extra large, chopped
150 g, trimmed and finely sliced
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), made with 300ml hot water
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Combine half the orange juice, rosemary and garlic in a dish. Add the turkey and turn to coat. Put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Put the mangetout in a bowl, pour over enough boiling water to cover them and let them stand for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a bowl with cold water and add some ice cubes. Drain the mange tout and put them in the bowl of iced water for 1 minute. Drain, pat dry, then slice in half on the diagonal.
- Put the couscous in a bowl. Pour over the hot stock, cover and leave for 10 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed. Fluff up the grains with a fork and set aside.
- Preheat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Remove the turkey from the marinade, drain and mist with calorie controlled cooking spray. Put in the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Add the orange zest, mange tout, cucumber, spinach, radishes and remaining orange juice to the couscous. Season and mix gently to combine. Slice the turkey steaks and serve with the salad.