Turkey, chilli & ginger meatballs in an Asian broth
Turkey Mince, raw
1 inch slice(s)
Chilli, Green or Red
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), 1 litre stock
- To make the meatballs, combine the turkey, ginger, garlic, chopped chilli and half the coriander in a large bowl. Season and form into 12 meatballs, then put on a plate, cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Mist a large, deep pan with cooking spray and cook the meatballs over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until browned all over – you may need to do this in batches. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the broccoli and carrot to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 litre stock (made with the 2 stock cubes), then the soy and hoisin sauces and bring to a simmer.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Divide between bowls and serve garnished with the sliced chilli, spring onions and remaining coriander.