Trout fillets in Chinese leaf parcels
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 medium, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded and finely chopped
1 medium, finely grated zest and juice
1 tablespoons, chopped
8 leaf/leaves, small, from Chinese lettuce
600 g, (4 x 150g fillets), skinned
1 individual, (green salad) to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add the spring onions, garlic and chilli and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the lime zest, coriander and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Discard the thick middle stem from the Chinese leaves, then put the leaves in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Leave them for 1 minute, then drain them well.
- Lay the trout fillets on a work surface, skinned side uppermost. Spread the spring onion mixture evenly over them. Fold them up by tucking the thin end to the centre, then lay the thick end on top. Sprinkle each one with lime juice.
- Wrap each trout fillet in two Chinese leaves. Place them in the baking dish and add 3 tbsp water. Cover and bake for 12-15 minutes. To check that the fish is cooked, the flesh should be opaque and will flake easily when tested with a fork. Serve, garnished with green salad.