Chicken, bacon & cos lettuce traybake
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken Thigh, Skinless, Boneless, raw
4 individual, medium
2 small, peeled and cut into wedges
Bacon medallions, raw
100 g, cut into thick strips
4 individual, large baby cos
Peas, frozen, boiled
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
2 tablespoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray. Fry the chicken over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until just starting to turn golden. Transfer to a large flameproof roasting tin.
- 2 Put the onions and bacon in the same pan you used for the chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to the roasting tin with the chicken and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven, brush the cut sides of the lettuce halves with the oil, then nestle the lettuce, cut-side up, tightly around the chicken. Return the tin to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the lettuce is lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Remove from the oven and put the tin on the hob over a low heat. Stir through the crème fraîche and peas, then heat gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide between plates and serve seasoned to taste.