Tiramisu Swiss roll
60 g, espresso granules
Low Fat Spread
Billington's Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
90 g, 75g + 1 tbsp
Egg, whole, raw
2 large, raw
White Self Raising Flour
Elmlea Alternative to Cream Double
Low Fat Soft Cheese
100 g, at room temperature
Sweet White Wine
30 ml, Marsala (optional)
20 g, shaved into curls with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 33 x 22cm Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Dissolve half the espresso granules in 1 tbsp boiling water.
- Beat together the low-fat spread and 75g sugar until pale. Add the eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition (if the mixture curdles, beat in a little flour). Sift and fold the flour into the mixture with the espresso. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 8-10 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, bring 75ml water to the boil in a small pan with the remaining espresso granules and 1 tbsp caster sugar. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lay a damp tea towel on a work surface and top with a piece of baking paper larger than the sponge. Reserving 1 tsp of the cocoa powder, dust the rest over the paper and carefully invert the sponge on to it.
- Peel off the baking paper and brush the sponge with the coffee syrup. Score a line about 2cm from the edge of one of the shorter ends of the sponge. Starting here, use the baking paper to help you roll up the sponge tightly. Leave to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the Elmlea to soft peaks and fold through the soft cheese and Marsala, if using. Unroll the sponge and spread with the mixture (leaving a 1cm border).
- Carefully re-roll as before, so that the join is underneath. Dust with the remaining cocoa powder and decorate with the chocolate curls.