Tex-Mex chicken schnitzel
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
Asda Panko Breadcrumbs
Discovery Foods Taco Seasoning Mix
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Reduced Calorie Coleslaw
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
8 leaf/leaves, small
- Cut the chicken breasts horizontally into 2 thin fillets. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken between 2 pieces of cling film until they’re about 4mm thick.
- Put the flour on a plate. Whisk the egg with 2 teaspoons water in a shallow bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and taco seasoning on another plate.
- Coat each chicken fillet in the flour, then the egg mixture and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the schnitzels and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the schnitzels with the coleslaw and lettuce leaves on the side.